Wind Farm News
Join Our eNewsletter
We believe through sound business practices, we will develop sustainable generating facilities to provide economic and energy security for generations to come. Contact Us
By using renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in your home and by using renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in your home and automobile, you'll help the environment and typically save more money in the long run.
Did You Know?
• The earliest known windmills were in Persia (Iran) and looked like large paddle wheels.
• Today, the largest wind turbines in the world have blades longer than a football field.
• A typical horizontal wind turbine stands as tall as a 20-story building and has three blades that span 200 ft.
• One wind turbine can provide enough electricity for about 300 homes.
• U.S. wind farm installations totaled more than 16,800 megawatts in 2007, enough power to serve approximately 4.5 million average American households.
• Wind energy is generated in 30 different states. Those with the most wind production are Texas, California, Minnesota, Iowa and Washington.
• The U.S. ranks third in the world in wind power capacity, behind Germany and Spain.
Renewable Energy | Who Benefits? | Siting & Development | How Wind Turbines Work
Market Demands | Timeline | FAQ